Month In Review
The last month has been busy as all get out. I've been to soccer camp in Michigan and hung out with friends in Florida for a week. I went tubing for a weekend at my aunt and uncle's lake cottage and went to six flags in Louisville with my youth group. Oh yeah and I also preached the sermon at church for Youth Sunday. And soccer practices have started with my first games the next two weekends.
I had a good time at soccer camp. It was an FCA sports camp in Michigan. There were kids there for soccer, football, basketball, volleyball, track and field, and pole vaulting. The competition was pretty good. I was the oldest guy there for soccer none of the other kids were more than sophomores. Katherine had a rough week, broke her arm on the second day and had to go to the hospital. And I had nothing to do with it. Seriously, I mean all I did was kick the soccerball that broke her arm. She's the one who decided to try to block it. She should have drank her milk. Anyways I ended up going to the ER with her and all. At least I got to stay for the whole camp.
I went tubing for the first time the next weekend. We tied a couple tubes to the back of a boat and went out on the water for a spin. It was pretty intense. I got about two or three feet of air a couple of times. It really wears you out though. I had a good time in Florida, went to the beach, saw a movie, went bowling, even made a movie. If you want to check it out go to youtube and search veggiecaterpillar. Yeah, it was a pretty sweet highlight reel and you can figure out who's the star. It was pretty hot in Florida like 90's every day. It rained a lot though. We got a huge thunderstorm one night. Lightning all over the place. Tony Dungy was on the same airplane as Paul and I and was even signing autographs but somehow we managed to miss him. That stunk. It was a fun trip though.
Youth trip to six flags kentucky kingdom was a blast, even the bus trip was pretty good. Had a fun time at the theme park. Spent most of the afternoon in the waterpark it was so hot. Chang and Twin Twisters were the best roller coasters. The wave pool was nice. Trip back was crazy. Proved to Corey that Westbrook and McNabb are injury prone and overrated. The Eagles are falling apart. And soccer is by far a more difficult sport than football. Corey can't play either. Yeah and I destroyed John's snacks because he wouldn't share them. Selfish eggroll got what he deserved. Hey John I'm just joking we're cool.
I got to preach the sermon for Youth Sunday. I'd done some lessons in youth group, devotions even part of a sermon but never a whole sermon, so it was a new experience. I never realized how hard it was to come up with a good sermon. The sermon I preached was about being living testimonies. I want to be a youth pastor so it was something I needed to learn how to do. Thanks to Corey for all his help. I must have spent like six hours working on the sermon. It came out well though. God helped me to speak to others about him. I was exhausted when I was done. I can barely imagine doing it every week. Youth service went real well though. The music was good and the skit was great. Especially Corey dressed up as a Grandpa. Of course I though he looked better.
Oh well I'm about out of stuff to say. I'm ready for bed. More about soccer next time. Feels good to blog again. Hoping to do a post a week. See ya later. I'm out Daniel

1 Comments:
Yo, Dan. Nice blog, man. Good to see you bloggin again. It's about time! Anyways, yeah, the Florida trip sounded great. Glad that you had fun. But how can you say it wasn't your fault that Kat broke her arm? Haha, that's funny though, tryna blame it on her..What an older brother you are! Yeah, the trip back was pretty much fun. Had fun provin Corey wrong again and again! By the way, soccer isn't a tougher sport than football, by any means! Haha, anyways, that's a different subject, I don't wanna "DEBATE" for about 2 hours, haha..But yeah, hey, Dan, we had some serious conversations last night, huh? I'm glad we did though, I feel some interested and comfortable in talking about the Lord. Hopefully I can step it up sometime in the future before it's too late for me..I really want to take part in the ministry somehow. Well, buddy, I'm out. It's 2:47 in the mornin..I have no clue what I'm goin to do next..I guess I'll finally go to bed early for once..See ya Sunday, man! Take care, God Bless, peace!
--John.
Post a Comment
<< Home